Hello and welcome to another Wonderful Wednesday!
Without further ado, here’s what’s been bringing a smile to my little face this week:
1. Iced coffee. I’m not sure I really like coffee. I like the idea of it. I LOVE the smell of it. But after I’ve taken a deep inhale of that wonderful aroma and sipped my first sip, I’m just not that into it. And I don’t like that slightly hyped up energy I get afterwards. But…. iced coffee is different. Or maybe it’s not so different in the caffeine high area, but it just tastes so much better to me. Maybe because I add a little syrupy shot, so it’s really more like eating a coffee ice cream. This week a lovely neighbour gave me some posh coffee and I’ve been brewing it up, letting it cool and mixing it with icy cold milk and a drop of maple syrup.
2. And speaking of maple syrup. Just yum 🙂 I’ve gone through many, many phases with my morning porridge. We started with the classic teaspoon of brown sugar, and that is indeed the best I reckon. But then we turned to lemon curd and very yummy – and creamy – that was too. Recently I’ve been experimenting with jams; bilberry and damson were high hitters. This last week I’ve drizzled a spot of maple syrup across the steaming bowl, and it’s winning for me mainly for taste reasons, but the thin strands are also an aesthetically pleasing addition to my breakfast table.
3. Photochromic glasses. I keep wanting to call them photogenic… they’re super useful though. I can wander my merry way in the sun, then wander inside and miraculously, I can still see! Previously I had to work out if I wanted to be a) dazzled by the sun or b) unable to see clearly when moving outside. Now – I don’t have to choose 🙂
4. Aldi brioche. Consumed by the greedy handful with aforementioned coffee. Now THERE was a tasty breakfast. Now, if you’re a brioche lover – move away from those expensive cardboard-origami encased brioche loaves and get thyself to Aldi. In fact, get down there anyway because I’m telling you there are BARGAINS to be had. Of course, you knew that though didn’t you? That’s what Aldi does… anyway… the brioche. Just superb. Buttery and chocolatey with the softest bread. Ooh I might pop out and get another one.
5. Old Disney films. Call me old fashioned, but the new ones are just not as good. Check out the illustrated cityscapes in 101 Dalmations and you’ll see what I mean. Last night we watched The Sword in The Stone and while it’s not one of the greatest cartoons you’ll ever experience, it’s still so clever and beautiful.
6. Seeing a happy friend. Such a lovely feeling knowing that someone you love is happy. After a tricky spell one of my best friends is walking around with the biggest BEAM on her face.
For beams of a similar nature see what the Wonderful Wednesday gang have got in store for you this week over on the blogs of Sally, Jo, Michelle, Sarah, Kate, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri, and Peta and Ellie – and see you next time!