Another day, another dip.
And it’s a goodie (but aren’t they all?)
This is a yummy combo of sweet carrots and garlic, whizzed up with a flash of lime juice and some unctuous peanut butter.
Carrot and Peanut Butter Dip
(serves 2 greedily, 4 moderately)
6 medium carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks
2 fat garlic cloves
splash olive oil
juice of 1 lime (or add more to taste)
3 teaspoons peanut butter
salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Microwave the carrots for 5 minutes.
3. Roast the carrots and garlic in the olive oil for around 30 minutes or until golden.
4. Squeeze the flesh out of the garlic and blitz up in a food processor with the carrots, peanut butter and lime.
5. Season to taste with salt, pepper and more lime juice.
6. Add tiny amounts of water and keep blending until you get the consistency you like.