Happy Wonderful Wednesday once again lovely readers!
Hope your weeks have been super duper? Mine has been pretty quiet – but that’s no bad thing once in a while. Here’s what’s made it special:
1. I sung the praises of this last week but I just had to give another shout-out, with IMAGE, to the Great Desert of Good Things. Good Things of the moment being the yoghurt and the figs and the granola and the honey. Figs are actually better later on in the year, but these were just about ripe enough when helped along with a smidge of honey. Super yummy and makes me feel just a little bit virtuous for enjoying a healthy pud as opposed to that whole tub of Ben and Jerry’s, scrumptious though that is on the right evening with the right spoon. RANDOM FACT ABOUT ME: I always eat puddings with a small spoon. They seem to taste better that way, especially ice cream. No idea how or why I started to do that but a big spoon just doesn’t do it for me any more.
2. Rainy summer days. Only when I haven’t got a nice walk or a BBQ planned obviously. If so then they’re the WORST. But when I’m working, it’s pretty nice to hear a thundery shower outside, soaking everywhere and leaving the scent of all the flowers and grass in its wake.
3. Wimbledon. The celebrities, the whites, the smart ball boys and girls and Sue Barker. I do like the sport too (honest) but I don’t think I’m the only person on the planet to far prefer Wimbledon to all the other tennis tournaments throughout the year. Very relaxing, very English. And I’ve never been! sob 😦
4. Wearing flipflops (pictured). Although they don’t have to be the pictured items (obv). It’s just nice to not wear SOCKS you know? And I only really wear flip flops on holiday or at the spa, which are two very nice places indeed. Hence – flip flops make me happy 🙂
5. Sainsburys’ low fat cracked black pepper cream cheese. Ooh so nice. So peppery and creamy. Will be repurchasing very good. Perfect on a rye cracker with a slither or ten of smoked salmon.
6. The Beautiful South. Remember ‘A Perfect 10’? I’ve been listening to this a lot lately and it’s reminding me of sleepovers with my friends c.1998. Just a little gentle background music to accompany a light summer’s evening reading a good yarn 🙂