It doesn’t seem like five minutes since I was sitting here scribbling away last week. It’s been a busy few days out and about, and dealing with a KILLER headache that lasted all the way through the weekend into this week, which wasn’t so wonderful. All the more reason to remember the nice little bits and pieces sandwiched around The Headache.
1. Sitting by a river. Sitting by any body of water is pretty relaxing isn’t it? If you think of the most tranquil moments you’ve had, I’ll bet a fair few of them were spent gazing up at waterfalls, pottering along by the side of a lake, or, perhaps best of all, sunbathing by the sea. This weekend I spent a happy couple of hours listening to the roar of a fast flowing river crashing by, the sound drowning out everything else.
2. Toast. I’ve had many many weeks of muesli recently, but I think toast is making a comeback in the Roast Chicken household. Smothered with butter as soon as it’s popped from the toaster, and dotted with just the right amount of marmite. Eaten as soon as possible, often whilst standing over the kitchen sink. Supplemented by a big frothy smoothie.
3. Shopping. I had a happy Saturday pootling round the shops picking out a few summer dresses (to be worn with shaggy cardis and knee-boots until Spring returns to the North). I’m now all stocked up and ready for ACTUAL Spring (seen the weather forecast for next week??!! 🙂 )
4. Mum’s lasagne. I don’t know if it’s only because she makes a mighty fine lasagne (although this is MOST certainly a fact) or weather it’s because I haven’t made it, stirred the sauce, simmered the meat, arranged the pasta sheets etc etc etc etc, but it’s so very nice to eat something delicious, cooked by someone else. I’m wondering whether it’s my favourite meal? But where to place Roast Chicken Dinner, Fish and Chips, and an Excellent Burger? I can never decide.
5. A little wander on the moors. This was a real blow-yer-head-off wander. The weather had been pretty calm until we decided to head out, and then the temperature plummeted and the wind REALLY picked up. I thought I might blow away like Mary Poppins. But I held onto my hat, and we had a jolly time, soaking up the wide open spaces and the glowing coconut-scented gorse.
6. A Monday off. Because now I will have three long weekends in a row 🙂
That’s it from me this week – but you can keep the loveliness acoming by jumping straight to Sally, Michelle, Sarah, Kate, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri’s, Mimmi’s, Martina’s , Peta’s , Kelly‘s AND Emma’s blogs for more of the happy little things 🙂