It’s Wednesday and it sure is wonderful. If a little chilly. Hurry up Spring – I thought you’d started?!
Despite the heating still being on and the winter coats still not put away, I’ve got a list of the lovely to share:
1. A Smoothie Maker. Very 2015 I know, but I’ve hopped on board. I don’t know why it’s taken me so long to get really bored of making smoothies in the blender, spatula scraping down the sides, 3 things to wash afterwards, food not quite blitzed as finely as I would have liked. I bought a cheapo lime green number from Sainsburys and it’s Doing The Trick. Can’t wait to start sporting the little bottle it comes with to work to sip away at breakfast smoothies all morning at my desk.
2. Diet coke. On the other side of the food rainbow – I’m loving diet coke at the moment. Is it the caffeine? The cold cold can? The bubbles? The sugar-fix-without-being-actual-sugar? ALL the additives? Not sure, but I’ve had a can a day this week and it’s perking up my afternoons no end.
3. Fish pie by mum. Well – DELICIOUS. Not much to add. Although speaking of adding, extra eggs in fish pie are a GRAND idea.
4. Being with ALL the family. Those family get togethers where it’s a little bit like you’re still 8 years old, and that’s fine. Everyone slots into the roles they’ve always had, and it’s cosy and easy. I’m really lucky with my family, and I know that’s not true of everyone. So feeling a little bit grateful for that this week.
5. Getting back to the pool. I’ve neglected my swims in the last few weeks, which is bad, as once I’d sunk into the pool a few days ago I remembered just how wonderful it is to get swimming along. I must must must remember to do all the things I love. Isn’t it hard and strange to remember to do enjoyable things? What a strange world we live in.
6. Time away from work. As I’ve mentioned, I love my job. I love my colleagues, I love the work, I love using my skills and my brain to achieve things. But it’s so, so good to be away. I’ll never be more happy at work that I’ll be with reading, pottering, walking, listening to music, cooking, and spending time with friends and family. Time doing all those lovely things this week has reminded me of that.
7. Having dinner with a fabulous couple. Some friends who we don’t get to see very often. The kind of friends where the conversation (never negative) flows and there’s never any bitching on the way home afterwards. When you come away with new ideas and a tummy that’s hurting from laughing lots and lots. And from Too Many Chips. There are never really Too Many Chips though are there?
I think that’s the end of the loveliness this week – at least, all the bits I can remember. Hope yours was as lovely, and if you’re craving more, hop over to Sally, Michelle, Sarah, Kate, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri’s, Mimmi’s, Martina’s , Peta’s , Kelly‘s AND Emma‘s blogs for more loveliness than you thought you could squeeze into!