Happy Wednesday everyone! This week’s been a particularly tough one – so it’s been more important than ever to sit down and reflect on the good bits. Hooray for Wonderful Wednesday, the space to write down all the happy things, for everyone who joins in – and those who stop by to read 🙂
And so to the happy things, in no particular order…
1. Making a great big vat full of leek and potato soup. It’s a combination that’s never going to go out of fashion, being so perfectly complimentary. I always simmer the veggies in loads of butter for a good 30 minutes to get them sweet and soft, but then I don’t add cream – I like to taste the butter.
2.Miso soup. One of those things I’d forgotten about until this week. A perfect afternoon pick-me-up, I just stir a teaspoon of miso paste into boiling water and add some chopped spinach. Salty and comforting, with a good dollop of health-smugness from the spinach. Nom Nom 🙂
3. Heading out onto the moors when it was freezing and blowing up a storm. Sounds a little crazy, but it was exhilarating, being out there on my own. One of those walks where you look around and marvel at how ancient the moors are. Who has walked here before? Who will?
4. Yin yoga. Whether or not I’m entering a new stage of yuppy-dom, I’m loving both the peace and the flexibility that come from yin yoga. Until recently I’ve preferred the vinyassa sequences, where one pose flows into the next, building heat and raising the heart rate. I still love the feel-good energy this creates, but I’ve also been loving the calm and the stillness of yin yoga, where you hold each pose for up to 20 minutes. I haven’t quite got that zen, but I have been doing a good hour or so most mornings, before a bit of more energetic stuff, and I have never felt so flexible. Apparently our hips are like our shoulders, holding lots of stress, and that’s partly why stretching them out feels so good. It works for me!
5. The softest cosiest White Stuff tights. Grey with little coloured flecks and pick toes, they’re the prettiest and most snug tights I’ve had in a long time. Worn pulled right over my tummy with suede over-the-knee-boots, they’re keeping me toasty 🙂
6. A new frock. Back with white polka dots. Because if the Christmas party season isn’t the time for a new dress, I don’t know what is 🙂
Happy Christmas everyone – may it bring you everything you’ve been hoping for, and hopefully, a lot of love and chocolate!
Next week I’m joining Sally in sharing my 2016 highlights – see you on the other side! And while you’re waiting – head on over to the star spangled happy blogs of Sally, Jo, Michelle, Sarah, Kate, Cat, Sam, El , Kerri’s, Mimmi’s, Martina’s and Isabelle.