Vegan friendly or just nice if you like coconut!
I adore coconut in all its forms. Stirred into creamy porridge, sprinkled on energy balls or ground up with heaps of sugar in a Bounty – I’m there. And my favouritest ‘cake’ in the whole wide world is flapjack. I love oats. I love the chewy texture and the…oatyness? I’d pick a flapjack over a ‘real’ cake any day. I made these for a cake morning at work and they seemed to go down pretty well.
They’re chewy and coconutty and oaty and pretty yum. Good for a breakfast on the go – or as I did – for lunch!
Here’s the easy-peasy process:
Vegan Friendly Flapjacks
(makes 16 rectangles)
175g coconut oil
150g golden syrup
25g maple syrup
175g muscovado sugar
desiccated coconut to sprinkle over the top
1. Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees celcius.
2. Line a 20cm square baking tray with greased baking paper.
3. Melt the coconut oil in a pan and then add the syrups and sugar
4. Once all are combined, stir in the oats.
5. Tip the mixture into the lined baking tray and flatten down.
6. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
7. Leave to cool for 15 minutes, then cut into squares in the tin. Then leave them in the tin to cool completely.